Download GAMS Distribution 24.0.2
Please consult the release notes before downloading a system. Here are the installation notes for Windows, Mac, and UNIX. The GAMS distribution includes the GAMS Manuals in electronic form. The current version of the manuals are also available online and hard copies of the GAMS User's Guide and the Solver Manuals can be ordered through Amazon.
|Windows 32 bit
||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, and compatible on AMD- or Intel-based (x86_32) architectures
|Windows 64 bit
||Windows 8 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2008 x64, Windows Server 2003 x64, and compatible on AMD- or Intel-based (x64_64) architectures.
||AIX 5.3 or higher, PowerPC chip, 64 bit (ppc_64)
|Linux 32 bit
||AMD- or Intel-based 32-bit Linux systems. The software was built with the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) toolset, ver 4.4 or higher.
|Linux 64 bit
||AMD- or Intel-based 64-bit Linux systems (x86_64). The software was built with the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) toolset, ver 4.4 or higher.
|Mac OS X Intel 64 bit
||Macintosh Intel-based systems (x64_64) built on Darwin 10.7 (Lion). Please note that this is a Mac OS X Terminal application and must be installed and executed using the command line interface.
|Solaris SPARC 32 bit
||Solaris 2.8 or higher on SUN Sparc (sparc_32). Missing Fortran Run-Time Environment?
|Solaris SPARC 64 bit
||Solaris 2.8 or higher on SUN Sparc (sparc_64)
|Solaris x64 64 bit
||Solaris 10 or higher on AMD- or Intel-based 64-bit (x64_64)
||AMD- or Intel-based Linux systems. The software uses the Windows 32bit GAMS build and Wine. No separate Wine installation is required. For more information please visit this page.
|| For more information please visit this page.
- For older distributions please follow this link. There are some mailing lists, which will inform you about forthcoming releases, provide additional information, and are useful for questions about GAMS and modeling issues.
- Microsoft Internet Explore users who have enabled SmartScreen Filter may get several warnings during the download of a GAMS system. If you do not want to ignore these messages, please cancel the download and download the current version for Windows 32 bit or Windows 64 bit as a zip-file and unzip this file before running the setup program.
- Without a valid GAMS license the system will operate as a free demo system:
- Model limits:
- Number of constraints and variables: 300
- Number of nonzero elements: 2000 (of which 1000 nonlinear)
- Number of discrete variables: 50 (including semi continuous, semi integer and member of SOS-Sets)
- Additional Global solver limits: Number of constraints and variables: 10
- The GAMS log will indicate that your system runs in demo mode:
GAMS Rev 240 Copyright (C) 1987-2012 GAMS Development. All rights reserved
Licensee: GAMS Development Corporation, Washington, DC G871201/0000CA-ANY
Free Demo, 202-342-0180, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gams.com DC0000
- GAMS will terminate with a licensing error if you hit one of the limits above:
*** Status: Terminated due to a licensing error
*** Inspect listing file for more information
- To deliver GAMS with the best performance we are using the Amazon CloudFront web service, a global network of edge locations for content delivery.