Major releases contain substantial changes to the GAMS system. The License Check date is set to the release date of the major release.
Minor releases are mainly issued to provide bug fixes, performance improvements, and maintenance releases of solver libraries. Additionally, they can provide a few new features that do not change existing behavior. The License Check Date remains the same as for the prior major release. This means that any license file that worked with the prior major release will also work with this minor release.
Maintenance releases do not provide any new features. They are issued to provide bug fixes, performance improvements, and maintenance releases of solver libraries. The License Check Date remains the same as for the prior major release. This means that any license file that worked with the prior major release will also work with this maintenance release.
GAMS Distribution 22.2 - April 21, 2006
This is a Minor release.
AcknowledgementsWe would like to thank all of our users who have reported problems and made suggestions for improving this release. In particular, we thank Wolfgang Britz (Bonn University), Paritosh Desai (DemandTec), Michael Ferris (UW-Madison), Edgar Ramirez (at hotmail.com), and Rich Roberts (SRS Technologies).
- The limit on nonlinear instructions in a single block has been raised from 16 million to 64 million instructions.
- Performance improvements for very large and complicated loop structures.
- International characters in file and path names are now handled correctly.
- GAMS IDE:
- GDX data browser is faster and can sort indices by name vs. entry order
- A symbol shown in the GDX data browser can be written to an Excel file
- CONOPT: New libraries are included which address minor
- CPLEX: New libraries (version 10.0.1, a maintenance
- LGO: New libraries
- The built-in stochastic searches have been improved.
- Some internal limits were increased to allow larger models to be solved.