Major releases contain substantial changes to the GAMS system. The License Check date is set to the release date of the major release.
Minor releases are mainly issued to provide bug fixes, performance improvements, and maintenance releases of solver libraries. Additionally, they can provide a few new features that do not change existing behavior. The License Check Date remains the same as for the prior major release. This means that any license file that worked with the prior major release will also work with this minor release.
Maintenance releases do not provide any new features. They are issued to provide bug fixes, performance improvements, and maintenance releases of solver libraries. The License Check Date remains the same as for the prior major release. This means that any license file that worked with the prior major release will also work with this maintenance release.
GAMS Distribution 22.4 - February 12, 2007
This is a Major release.
AcknowledgementsWe would like to thank all of our users who have reported problems and made suggestions for improving this release. In particular, we thank Michael Ferris, Gary Goldstein, and Randy Wigle.
- Compressed and Encrypted Input Files: Facilities to create
and use encrypted and compressed input files have been added. The three
new commands: $compress, $decompress and $encrypt are the respective
utilities. For more details consult the User's Guide.
- NonNegative Variable: This new keyword
is a synonym for Positive Variable.
- GAMS IDE:
- Added spelling checker
- Added search options for gdxviewer
- GAMS model library: new
models (cefiles, encrypt) demonstrate the new GAMS feature of
compressing and encrypting GAMS input files.
- TESTLIB library: new models to test new features
- COIN: new libraries and solver from the GAMSlinks
project hosted at COIN-OR.
- CoinGlpk: New COIN-OR and Glpk 4.9 libraries.
- CoinCbc: New COIN-OR and Cbc 1.1.0 libraries.
- CoinIpopt: A new interior point NLP solver from COIN-OR.
- The GAMSlinks project (announced January 3 by Stefan Vigerske) was created to develop links between GAMS and the COIN-OR solvers.
- CPLEX: New libraries (version 10.1.1).
- KNITRO: New libraries (version 5.1).
- MOSEK: New libraries (version 22.214.171.124)
- XPRESS: New libraries (version 17.10.08)